Saturday 21 April 2007

Country Living: Our Man in Arundel

So... Do you want to hear my opinion about the Country Living columnist competition or an update about the car?

Righty-o. The car it is.

When we left the story on Thursday, I'd been promised a phone call from the car dealer after he'd spoken to his tame mechanic. I'd not heard from the car dealer by mid-morning yesterday, so I called him. He didn't sound particularly happy to hear from me. He'd not phoned his mechanic because the mechanic was busy. What, sorting out dodgy motors?

So I said that I'd like him to. That morning. Or would he like me to get the work done myself and then pay me back for it?

Him pay? Heavens no. This was fair wear and tear. He didn't know how I'd been driving the car. It was an electrical fault, so he couldn't have foreseen it. He didn't have any responsibility for a vehicle that became unreliable after 6 days. He’d get a price and call me back.

I don't like hassle. And I'd already booked the car in for a service on Monday at somewhere I trust. So we'll see what they have to say.

On a rather more "Country Living" topic, it's the Farmers' Market in Arundel again today. (Third Saturday of every month). I'm in the mood for something home-made from the WI.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home