Thursday 2 October 2008

Time to call it a day, Del

My house sale didn't happen because the buyer wanted to negotiate a substantial discount - and I didn't want to offer one. Well, that's not strictly true. I didn't want to offer another discount.

So I've found a tenant and have become an accidental landlord. Surprisingly quickly, too. Apparently there aren't many little houses to let in the middle of Arundel. And I've moved into my girlfriend's place, which is over the border in East Sussex. It's not very different from West Sussex, although my mum thinks there's a military checkpoint on the county line and we all drive Trabants here. (Given my history with cars, a Trabant wouldn't be a bad idea. But, as usual, I digress).
All this means I think it's probably time for me to say goodbye to Del Arun, what with me not being an Arundel resident any more. I'll still be reading my favourite PurpleCoo blogs but 'Del Arun' is taking a break. Thanks for all your support. Really - thank you.
Mind you, this doesn't mean that I won't ever blog again. I'll let you know what happens next!

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Faith said...

Sorry to hear your house didnt sell Del, so cute too. But anyway having a tenant is good, and nice for you to be living with your girlfriend. Best wishes.

4 October 2008 at 16:13  
Blogger Carah Boden said...

Good luck with it all. I love Arundel. Born and bred West Sussex girl, me. Hurstpierpoint on my birth certificate. Moved to Haywards Heath when I was 7, then Lindfield at 15. Parents still in that house. It's a great county. Where are you in East Sussex then? Come back and write about it sometime (Del Tunbridge??!).

14 December 2008 at 17:34  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home